Telephone CallsThe State of South Carolina has selected Global Tel*Link Corporation as the Inmate Telephone System Services Provider for the South Carolina Department of Corrections.
GTL was selected over its competitors for its industry-leading inmate calling system and communications solutions to provide services to both inmates and families.
Rate StructureCalls to anywhere in the US will be billed at a single flat rate for 15 minutes,
with a discount applied for pre-paid calls:
- Collect call of up to 15 minutes: $1.53
- Pre-Paid call of up to 15 minutes: $1.29
- Inmates admitted to SCDC will be issued a Personal Identification Number (PIN) within one week of their admission to enable them to place calls as allowed by the institutional schedule.
- Inmates are not allowed to call toll free numbers.
- In order to accept collect calls:
- Your phone account must be current with your local telephone company (not past due).
- Your local telephone company must have a Billing and Collectionagreement
with the South Carolina Department of Corrections' inmate phone service provider.
- You must have a non-cordless phone with touch tone service (no rotary dial).
- Calls to cell phones must be made using a prepaid account. Inmate calls to cells phones must be prepaid by the family member (please see the FAQ and Brochure Information Links below). To sign up for an AdvancePay prepaid phone account, visit OffenderConnect.com
- All calls from inmates will be subject to restrictions, recording, and monitoring.
- Called parties will have the option to not accept a call, block all future calls from an inmate, or block all future calls from the SC Department of Corrections.
Information LinksFAQs About Inmate Phones
Establish AdvancePayŽ Pre-paid Account with GTL using OffenderConnect.com
Instructions for opening an OffenderConnect account.
GTL AdvancePayŽ Pre-Pay Brochure - English
GTL AdvancePayŽ Pre-Pay Brochure - Spanish